Application for Drybase Flex Adhesive
Preparation Before Drybase Flex Adhesive can be applied, any structural defects on the substrate must be fixed. Clean the surface of the substrate to ensure maximum bonding of adhesive. Remove all surface laitance, loose particles, paint, etc. by means of wire brushing or light sandblasting. Note: Drybase Flex Adhesive should only be applied in conditions over 5°C.
- Application Mix to the ratio 1 part tap water to 3.5 parts Drybase Flex Adhesive by weight (for 10 kg bags, add 2.9 litres of water).
- Add the Drybase Flex Adhesive to the clean tap water and mix thoroughly with a mechanical mixer until a smooth consistency is obtained.
- Spread the Drybase Flex Adhesive with a suitable trowel to cover approximately 1 m2 at a time. The preferred adhesive thickness is 1 – 2 mm.
- Once the Drybase Flex Adhesive has been applied to the wall, offer the Drybase Flex Membrane up to the adhesive and use a trowel to apply gentle pressure spreading from the centre outwards. Make sure there is a 25 mm gap between the floor and the membrane. Ensure that full contact is established between the membrane and the adhesive.
- Remove any excess adhesive with a damp cloth before it sets.
Note: Use Drybase Flex Adhesive within 30 minutes of mixing. Once the adhesive is on the wall, Drybase Flex Membrane must be adhered to it within 10 minutes. When the adhesive has cured, surface finishes can be applied such as gypsum based plasters.
Other Information Drybase Flex Adhesive is produced in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality and environmental management systems. Drybase Flex Adhesive is non-hazardous to the environment.